Website Howmet Aerospace
Maintenance Technician (Wheel Plant) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Technician – Wheel Plant|
|Type||Full Time (2nd/3rd Shift)|
|Location||Barberton, OH, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join its team for production needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience performing mechanical and electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience reading electrical and hydraulic drawings/schematics
- Adheres to Barberton safety programs as part of everyday work.
- Dismantles devices and machines to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand tools, power tools, and cranes
- production machines and equipment in accordance with diagrams, specifications, and operator’s manuals
- Repair and maintain machinery and electrical equipment including; motors, variable frequency drives, soft starts, sensors, PLCs, automation (Fanuc, Mazak, etc.), and combustion burners.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including; conveyor systems, pumps, piping, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, drives (belt, chain, and gear), CNC lathes (spindles, linear ways, gibbed box ways, ball-screws and nuts, couplings), CNC machining centers, and industrial robots.
- Safely operates floor cranes, lift trucks, man lifts as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Use a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to track work, enter time, repairs, request parts, and complete work orders.
- Knowledge in the following areas Welding (MIG/TIG), Machine lubrication, Disassembly/assembly of precision equipment, and Panel building
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing CNC machinery to the board level (no board repairs)
- Experience working with industrial robots
- Knowledge in the following areas
- Maintenance trade school training
- Minimum of five years’ experience performing mechanical and electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- PC literate with experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Precision maintenance (fasteners, laser alignment, greasing)
- Bending/Twisting – Constantly (greater than 80% of the workday)
- Lifting – Moderately Heavy – Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 75 pounds with the frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
- Noise – Constantly (greater than 80% of the workday)
- Standing – Constantly (greater than 80% of the workday)
- Temperature Extremes – Constantly (greater than 80% of the workday)
- Walking – Constantly (greater than 80% of the workday)
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 10 annual paid holidays
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Employee discount programs
- Medical, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid vacation accrual
- Performance Pay based on company results
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.