Website Carmeuse Americas
Maintenance Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Erie, PA, United States|
Carmeuse Americas is a global performance materials and services leader with core competencies in mining, equipment, material processing, and engineering solutions. Carmeuse products are diversely utilized across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction and land development, water and wastewater treatment, pulp, and paper production.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various manufacturing activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related areas.
- Being trained in various entry-level production positions and fills in as needed during vacation, absences, and increased production demands
- Clean work areas; replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Complete equipment pre-shift report, if applicable
- General plant maintenance, welding cutting, machining, fabrication, general plant labor, and cleanup of production areas
- Maintenance duties, rigging, welding, machining and fabrication, pipe fitting, boat spotting, winter work vessel repair, material loading/discharging
- Observe, monitor, and report any conditions that could lead to product nonconformity or other irregularity
- Report equipment problems identified to management
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively with other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Able to work over rough terrain
- The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that may include medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, holiday, and 401(k) savings plan, depending on your work location.
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC) as required by the Department of Homeland Security, welding, machining and fabrication, general mechanical/maintenance skills, willing and able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends, demonstrate teamwork and maturity with a strong work ethic.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit ekiz.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.