Website Steel Craft Corporation
Manual Welder Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Hartford, WI, United States|
|Company||Steel Craft Corporation|
Steel Craft Corporation offers complex fabrication expertise using processes that include laser cutting, tube lasers, metal stamping, NC punch presses, welding (MIG, TIG, Plasma, Resistant and Projection), NC brake forming, machining (vertical and horizontal), and painting (e-coat, liquid, and powder) coupled with mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly, testing, certifying and logistics management.
The company is looking for a manual welder with a strong work ethic and an eye for detail to join the Steel Craft Team. In addition, they have to perform basic manual welding on simple to medium complexity production welding jobs.
- The prospective candidates should have passed a High School or GED or Similar qualification from a college or welding school.
- The candidates should have at least 3 months of previous manual welding, or combined education and experience.
- Change wire spools, contact tips, nozzles, diffusers and perform other basic weld machine maintenance
- Interpret weld symbols and place precise welds; repair weld defects if needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform quality checks on parts using a tape measure
- Perform quality welds in the correct areas as designated by blueprints/drawings
- Set up machines and weld according to welding procedure specifications (WPS)
- Weld in flat and horizontal positions using gas metal arc welding (GMAW) process on carbon and stainless steel
- Work from blueprints/drawing to produce finished product in a timely manner
- Up to $24.50/hour (depends upon experience and shift schedule)
- Ability to achieve necessary GMAW weld certifications
- Ability to read blueprints and assembly drawings
- Ability to achieve ≥J2 Jaeger eye score
- Basic math and measurement skills (addition, subtraction, decimal, and fraction conversions); able to accurately read a tape measure
- Must be able to continuously stand for all or most of a regular work shift, reach above shoulders, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, eye/hand coordination, and manual dexterity; possess a mechanical aptitude
- Must have the ability to read/write and understand both verbal and written work instructions, work orders, and customer specifications
- 10 Paid Holidays, 40 Hours Paid Vacation and 40 Hours Unpaid Time Off in your first year of employment
- A competitive 401(K) Plan with a 3% employer contribution match
- An Engagement Committee with many fun-planned employees’ activities, events, outings, and more
- Annual company paid Health Risk Assessment
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and More
- Health Savings Account annual contributions
- Low-cost Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness coverage
- Over 75% employer-paid medical insurance premiums, plans with low deductibles, and wellness incentives
- Various growth options and cross-training opportunities
Steel Craft Corporation is committed to principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. We do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices (hiring, training, promotion, etc.) for all qualified employees and prospective employees.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.