Website Air Products
Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Bethlehem, PA, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
Gardner Cryogenics (a business of Air Products and Chemicals), is a world leader in liquid helium and liquid hydrogen storage and transportation equipment.
The company is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible to support manufacturing activities associated with the fabrication of Cryogenic Liquid Helium and Liquid Hydrogen equipment including support for tools, fixtures, and miscellaneous equipment used in the fabrication process.
Specifically, the activities expected of this position center on the safe manufacturing, assembly, specialty tooling, and fixturing necessary to build the equipment manufactured by Gardner Cryogenics.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering Degree (required) from a college or university.
- Welding Engineering background (required)
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience as a manufacturing or mechanical engineer.
- Develop work instructions and training information for any new tooling or processes introduced to the production area. This includes ensuring all safety requirements are met.
- Ensure all tooling and related work processes are safe for the intended use/application.
- Responsible for coordinating with manufacturing any weld tests needed for weld procedure qualification or welder qualification.
- Responsible for developing new weld procedures and revising any existing weld procedures as needed.
- Sense of urgency in support of manufacturing flow and avoiding manufacturing delays
- Support purchasing department and vendors/subcontractors as needed.
- Support the production team by providing routings, Assembly/Inspection Records (AIRs), and manufacturing instructions for the setup, transportation, fabrication, assembly, and inspection of Gardner Cryogenics equipment. Specify the use of special tools, fixtures, and fabricating equipment required for manufacturing.
- Work with the applicable product, project, and engineering functions prior to the release of designs and throughout the manufacturing process to improve overall efficiencies and ensure the manufacturability of the equipment design.
- Work with manufacturing to determine the best weld process to use for a given task that meets code requirements.
- Ability to work “hands-on” with welders and skilled trades.
- Aptitude for developing creative and practical engineering solutions to the challenges associated with manufacturing large engineer-to-order equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work within multifunctional teams
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be able to manage workload for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with CAD programs and MS Office required.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Autocad or Inventor or similar 3D CAD programs.
- Working knowledge and experience with ASME Code Section VIII Div 1, Section IX, and Section V.
- Working knowledge and experience with cranes, lifting, rigging, safe working practices.
- Working knowledge and experience with metal cutting (plasma, high-speed cutting wheel, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with metal forming operations (plate rolling, press-brake forming, bump forming).
- Working knowledge and experience with metal machining, manual or CNC (milling/turning/drilling).
- Working knowledge and experience with welding processes and weld procedure creation.
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacations, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.