Manufacturing Engineer, Technical Operations Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer, Technical Operations|
|Location||Mountain View, CA, United States|
Google is a world giant with a mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. It designs, researches, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will develop and evaluate solutions to new engineering problems.
The position will design, develop, test, and qualify solutions in a manufacturing environment, including Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and early involvement with product design teams.
The candidates will ensure excellent standards of manufacturability, yield improvement, cost reduction/scale, complex mechanical fixture design and test, automation, failure analysis, and advanced process controls.
You will also collaborate with other multi-disciplinary teams to maintain strong functional relationships to co-develop and structure future requirements whilst maintaining clear documentation/communication of goals, risks, status, and prioritized feature requests and bugs.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar field from a college/university or equivalent practical experience.
- The candidates should have 5 years of device manufacturing or process engineering experience working with contract manufacturing partners (CM/JDM) in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in final assembly manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design and commodity teams in down-selection, sourcing, qualification, and integration of components and vendors used in Google’s products.
- Collaborate with Product Design engineers and EE to ensure robust design for manufacturing.
- Provide design for DFM and influence Product Design and Electrical Engineering (EE) to improve manufacturability for yield and reliability.
- Provide high-quality engineering solutions in both process development and mechanical fixture designs to fast track product manufacturing to mass production; work with contract manufacturers and vendors to prioritize and solve issues.
- Work with Quality and Reliability teams to define requirements for shipments.
- Ability to run simple modifications in 3D modeling software (NX, Creo, SolidWorks, etc.).
- Experience in engineering under high-volume manufacturing on NPI and/or Sustaining phase.
- Experience in multiple consumer electronics product launches in a fast-paced production ramping environment with consumer electronics-related products.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Monitoring Systems (MES, SPC, etc.) and how to apply manufacturing statistics and design experiments.
- Knowledge of SAS software (JMP, Minitab), and simple database structure.
- Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) process (heat staking, ultrasonic welding, adhesives, and dispensing systems).
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
The company also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.