Website Collins Aerospace
Manufacturing Engineer Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Engineer Welding|
|Location||Wilson, NC, United States|
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is looking for a Welding Engineer who will design welding sequences among other process improvements. The position implements manufacturing processes and process improvements across multiple cells, executes changes to improve products and reduce costs, and reviews the manufacturability of existing and future products.
The applicants need the following combinations-
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college/university and 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience.
Note: In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
Engineering/Other Technical Positions-
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- The candidates should have the required combinations of education and work experience.
- Establishes and implements quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Evaluate potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, or training to ensure the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow.
- Experience developing and qualifying welds with various metals
- Experience managing projects of welder installation and qualification
- Experience training and qualifying operators
- Experience troubleshooting and developing calibration requirements for weld equipment
- Experience using NDT and DT methods to evaluate welds
- Experience with NADCAP audits or of other certifying bodies
- Reviews and provides analytical input to documents, such as proposals or other operational procedures, to support studies pertaining to cost control, production improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- TIG, MIG, Laser, and automated welding experience
- CORE/Lean Experience
- Formal degree in welding or weld technology
- Laser welding specific certification or formal training
- NDT technology degree or certification
- Worked to certify a facility to certify with NADCAP
- Coachable and willing to be fully engaged in all aspects of Weld Engineering principles and activities.
- Works well with Team-mates with a positive outlook.
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.