Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Tooling) Job Highlights
|Title||Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Tooling)|
|Location||Cupertino, CA, United States|
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer who will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, leave a footprint for years to come, lead development, and ramp for a next-generation Apple product.
Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple’s renowned designs.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology from a college/university, or similar.
- MSME and MSIE are preferred.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Compile and evaluate test and measurement data to figure out appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as a project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations
- Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools (Automated inspection Machines AOI/AIMs) to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics at a large scale
- Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at a massive production scale
- Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with internal and external team members
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards
- Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes
- Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields
- Manage mechanical part vendors for injection molding parts, metal stamping process, and secondary processes like laser welding and other innovative assembly processes
- Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase
- Review and approve Metrology design and ensure vendors understand the design intent
- Travel internationally to supplier sites – 35%
- Work with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and the appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high-volume quality manufacturing engineering
- Hands-on experience with process capability analysis, measurement system analysis (GRR, ARR), cross-cavity check, and process qualifications.
- International experience, particularly in Asia is a plus
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem-solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical analytical tools.
- Rich knowledge of GD&T, tolerance stack-up analysis, metrology design, 6 sigmas, and failure analysis.
- Solid understanding of data analysis techniques and statistical software like JMP, Minitab.
- Strong background in plastic/metal injection molding, metal stamping, and mechanical parts assembly.
- Strong background/knowledge in metrology equipment like OMM, CMM, AOI, AIMs, and fixture designing.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The company takes affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.