Website Brookhaven National Laboratory
Master Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Upton, NY, United States|
|Company||Brookhaven National Laboratory|
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary laboratory. It conducts research in the physical, biomedical, environmental sciences, energy technologies, and national security. The Lab also builds and operates major scientific facilities available to university, industry, and government researchers. Brookhaven is operated and managed for DOE’s Office of Science by Brookhaven Science Associates, a limited-liability company founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, the largest academic user of Laboratory facilities, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.
The company is looking for a Master Welder to join its team for various production and management activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of welding experience
- Must be proficient with GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, and OFC.
- Must be able to qualify and maintain qualifications in accordance with ASME B&PV and AWS Structural codes using the GTAW process on stainless steel and aluminum.
- Performs layout, preparation, setup, measurement, assembly, installation, and may retain equipment as required
- Sets up and welds, cuts, brazes, pours lead, metal sprays, and performs similar or related operations on jobs that require the application of individual ingenuity in solving problems of method, or results required, where previous standards of operation have not been established
- Under minimum supervision works on various materials from prints, sketches, or verbal instructions
- Must be able to communicate verbally with customers, fellow workers, and supervisors
- Must be able to complete all the requirements of the Job Training Assessment
- Must be capable of following written instruction procedures, work orders, and similar documents.
- Must have a telephone and must provide the number to BNL for callout and contact purposes
- Must have had a verifiable “acceptable leave record” in prior employment
- Must meet the medical requirements of the “Job Assessment Form”
- Must possess the writing skills to sufficiently complete work orders and other required documents
- Must possess written and verbal skills.
- Ability to climb fixed and portable ladders
- Ability to do heavy lifting > 30 lbs.
- Ability to do moderate lifting < 30 lbs.
- Ability to wear proper PPE such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Moving machinery
- Operates industrial fork trucks and fixed cranes
- Physical coordination dexterity and balance
- Some rigging and hoisting
- Standing, bending, and lifting
- Use of powered and air operated hand-tools
- Use of respirator and other related safety equipment
- Work in warm environments
- Work outdoors/cold environments
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Fitness/Wellness and Recreation: gym/basketball courts, weight room, fitness classes, indoor pool, tennis courts, sports clubs/activities (basketball, ping pong, softball, tennis)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Tuition Assistance, Training, and Professional Development Programs
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bnl.gov.