Materials Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Schlumberger is a technology company that partners with customers to access energy. The company provides leading digital solutions and deploys innovative technologies to enable performance and sustainability for the global energy industry. The company collaborates to create technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.
The company is seeking a Materials Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating new materials, processes, and suppliers.
The position consults with Product Groups on materials-related issues. This person applies seasoned technical knowledge to various engineering projects on materials and material processing issues.
- The applicants should have at least a Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of working in the area of material science/engineering (academic or industry) with a focus on materials development and improvements.
- Experience with welding and hard refractory alloys would be welcomed. (although not required for position)
- Advise on material selection, property data, and failure avoidance.
- Develop and evaluate new materials through characterization, testing, and analysis.
- Develop, evaluate and qualify special processes such as welding, heat treating, compounding, and extrusion, and their applications.
- Interface with suppliers and subcontractor representatives on material-related activities.
- Perform failure and predictive analyses, and data analysis to develop advancements for products, focusing on material selection, modification, and processing effects.
- Prepare and maintain source control and other procurement documentation and guidance for material procurement activities; assign quality requirements for procurements and subcontracts.
- Produce detailed technical reports and provide effective technical presentations
- Provide material consultation to InTouch engineers, field locations, and customers.
- Provide material engineering review and approval of contract and subcontract statements of work and specifications.
- Write materials and process specifications and standards.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All the qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.