Website Lockheed Martin
Mechanical Engineer (Structures Design) Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Engineer – Structures Design|
|Location||Littleton, CO, United States|
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services.
The company (Lockheed Martin Space) searching for a Mechanical Engineer who will join our Space Development Agency Transport Layer team. The Transport Layer program embraces the “go-fast” mentality, producing high-quality products in shortened life cycles.
Team members are empowered to make decisions, produce innovative ideas and solutions, and balance risk with technical requirements.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience creating 3D designs in CREO or equivalent
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including documentation, machining, welding, heat treatment, surface treatment, and assembly
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 including GD&T and tolerance stack-up analyses.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Design Principles including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Drive new business capture activities for future programs.
- Drives to completion of program achievements by the release of accurate, error-free, affordable, and producible engineering designs. To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
- Independently develops and provides mechanical design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products.
- Independently review requirements, from various sources (instrumentation, dynamics, stress, systems, thermal, manufacturing, etc.), to ensure that applicable requirements flow into the design of assigned products.
- Provides frequent interaction and collaboration with program leadership, analysts, peers, configuration management, and manufacturing, to ensure program requirements and schedules are met.
- Work closely with engineers, manufacturing, and technical management and will be providing the integration, design, and technical solutions including payload structures, thermal products, and integration of mechanical, propulsion, electrical, and RF components
- Ability to collaborate effectively with adjacent disciplines (systems engineering, electronics, stress/thermal analysis, configuration management, production, test, quality)
- Experience with CREO modeling
- Experience with flight hardware
- Familiar with design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Hands-on hardware experience
- Knowledgeable at a systems level in the areas of stress, propulsion, harness design, materials, and electrical design/analysis
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Paid time off
- Rewards and recognition
- Work/life balance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.lockheedmartinjobs.com.