Website West Fraser
Mechanic 1 Job Highlights
|Location||Solway, MN, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is searching for a Mechanic (Level I) who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools including troubleshooting and bench repair.
The position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates are expected to have some previous work experience.
- Associate of Arts Degree (AA Degree) with a concentration in industrial maintenance
- Possess 5 or more years of verifiable manufacturing maintenance experience
- Project development experience from inception to completion
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, HVAC, welding, and fabricating
- Ability to install or repair plumbing or air systems
- Capable of operating mobile equipment including, but not limited to, man lifts, cranes, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Complete detailed maintenance/inspection in accordance with manufacture or Company guidelines
- Completion of maintenance work orders as necessary
- Coordinate with the Electrical Section of the Maintenance Department as necessary to maximize maintenance efficiencies
- Have a thorough understanding of established safety procedures to be employed throughout the mill including Lockout/Tagout, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, permitting for hot work, and confined space
- Install, upgrade, and or retrofit equipment employed within an OSB mill environment.
- Perform specialized maintenance on equipment employing hydraulics or pneumatic functions
- Prepare basic drawings to support in-house fabrication requirements as required
- Read and understand blueprints
- Using hand tools or power tools performs routine scheduled maintenance on plant property and equipment
- Using various welding techniques in the fabrication or repair of operating equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Ability complete assigned maintenance projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to perform essential mathematical/measurement functions using calculators or appropriate measuring devices.
- Computer literate to include use of Microsoft Office software applications, i.e. word, excel, and access.
- Demonstrated competency with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of maintenance/inspection requirements for all plant property and equipment.
- The ability to troubleshoot all areas of mechanical malfunctions, including hydraulics and pneumatics, and take necessary corrective action to minimize downtime of machinery or equipment.
- Thorough understanding of workplace safety and Lockout/Tagout theory and practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Consistent, predictable attendance
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screen and criminal background check
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training and a
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.