Website West Fraser
Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Huttig, AR, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is recruiting a Millwright who will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the mill.
The individual will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of verifiable work experience as a Millwright
- Must have Cutting Torch experience (Oxygen/Acetylene)
- Must have welding experience (GMAW/SMAW)
- Able to read and understand drawings and printed instructions
- Adjust the tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb tools
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Layout mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with a power drill
- Level bedplate and establish centerline, using straightedge, levels, and transit
- Must be a self-starter who can work safely under high-pressure situations
- Must be able to move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Possess a basic understanding of lineups of pumps, sheaves, sprockets, and machine centers
- Repair and maintain industrial equipment including conveying systems, major machine centers such as debarkers, canters, gang saws, and edgers
- Replace defective parts of a machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime, and be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Must be safety oriented and comply with ZES
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.