Website Tucson Electric Power
Mechanic Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Tucson, AZ, United States|
|Company||Tucson Electric Power|
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable power and offers customers a wide range of incentivized programs to help them reduce their energy costs and build a better future.
TEP offers comprehensive energy services through reliable, traditional resources and a growing renewable power portfolio.
The company is looking for a Mechanic Welder who will use his/her welding skills. This position must be certified in all types of welding required for maintenance and repair in a steam generation facility. This position is required to maintain proficiency and periodic re-certification is mandatory.
Mechanic responsibilities are to test, repair, maintain, overhaul and modify all mechanical plant equipment at the highest level of skill in accordance with plant procedures and directions, and to perform related duties as directed, including the duties of lower classifications.
Note: This position requires a special skill test for the applicants.
- The applicants may be required basic education i.e. High School Diploma.
- Must have successfully completed a Maintenance Mechanic II training program or have equivalent training in a similar job classification
- The candidates should have 4 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic, welder, or similar position.
- Guide, direct and train other employees as required
- Maintain a high level of awareness and responsibility for environmental considerations that impact them, their jobs, and the Company to the level of their knowledge, training, and experience
- Maintain a high level of awareness and responsibility for the environment
- Perform assigned work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company practices and procedures
- Perform job setup, including required materials, tools, rigging, and special equipment
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and overhaul of Plant mechanical equipment
- Perform work alone or in a team setting
- Support and communicate Operational Excellence goals, objectives, vision, and values.
- This is a safety-sensitive position.
- May provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and follow Company policies and procedures
- Understand and follow Federal, State, and Company safety regulations
- Understand theory, operation, and troubleshooting of plant equipment
- Ability to perform metal inert gas (MIG) and tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding; oxyacetylene welding, cutting and heating; and arc welding as required
- Ability to read and apply information from drawings and instruction books
- Ability to safely operate power tools
- Ability to use precision measurement tools
- Ability to utilize computer-based maintenance management system
- Basic computer skills—data entry, data retrieval
- Must be able to bend, lift, and stoop for extended periods
- Must be able to climb stairs, work from ladders and elevated platforms
- Must be able to read prints and equipment manuals
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other workers
- Must have basic knowledge of plant processes
- Must meet position requirements and demonstrate competency through the established testing procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess working knowledge of Craft Tools
- Perform basic math calculations
- Perform basic math calculations for the area, volume, material takeoff, rigging calculations, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Technical Skills Written Test
- Basic machinist operations
- Basic pipe fitting
- Boiler and boiler auxiliaries
- Boiler insulation and refractory
- Condenser and heat exchangers
- General and specific craft safety procedures
- Internal Combustion Turbines
- Oxyacetylene cutting and welding
- Reciprocating Engines
- Valve and stuffing box
Practical Test Outline
- Accurately reading work orders
- Identifying Tools
- Precision measurement
- Safety and PPE
Behavioral Based/Technical Skills Interview
- The interview is a behavioral-based interview incorporating our Core Competencies.
- In this process we believe that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior and more recent behavior is a better predictor of future behavior than older behavior, and that long-standing trends are better predictors of behavior than isolated incidents.
- We, therefore, have patterned the questions during the interview to solicit behavior patterns that indicate with high predictability whether the candidate can perform the job as required.
- This type of interview is different than those that you may have taken in the past.
Core Competency Outline
- Be able to discuss the Core Competencies Considers the financial implications for each decision you make.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cost pressures inherent within our business and is able and willing to take action accordingly.
- Helps detect and resolve team breakdowns resulting from the change.
- Improves performance by applying concepts from other situations to a new situation.
- Is determined to succeed and maintains focus in the face of challenges.
- Learns and develops new skills or behaviors to adapt to constant, sometimes turbulent change.
- Seeks out new learning opportunities as well as sharing, identifying, and acting on lessons learned from successes and failures.
- Shows a willingness to take calculated risks to accomplish project deliverables.
- Shows flexibility with current procedures to effectively achieve a business result for a customer.
- Sincerely, willingly and continuously reaffirms key goals or values.
- Possesses financial understanding and demonstrates the ability to foster and lead cost-efficient initiatives without sacrificing quality or core values.
- Views people, their knowledge, and capabilities as the organization’s core assets. Supports the structures and policies that encourage employees to continuously seek improvement.
- Creates development possibilities for self and others.
Effectively Manages Change-
- Accepts and successfully adapts to change.
- Helps others adapt and remain effective.
- Willing and able to be competitive and take risks in growing the organization’s profitability, while holding self and others accountable.
- Seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results.
- Personally, strive for excellence in performance by surpassing established standards. “Under promises and over-delivers.”
Tucson Electric Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.