Website Lehigh Hanson
Mechanic Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Castalia, OH, United States|
Lehigh Hanson is a leading supplier of construction materials. The company’s core activities include the production of cement and aggregates. It also produces ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and other downstream products.
The company is looking for a Mechanic Welder who will repair and maintain quarry processing equipment.
The primary responsibilities may include repairs to crushing, screening, conveying, and pumping equipment, also performing brazing, welding, arc-welding, and cutting tasks.
You will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges every day to keep the plant running smoothly and efficiently.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience (or formal technical training) in mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- 2+ years of diversified welding experience
- Inspect equipment for proper functional use and perform preventative maintenance duties per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Upgrade areas with new equipment/technology.
- Maintain current written or data input spreadsheets on all equipment repairs.
- Inspect, diagnose, and perform repair and maintenance of all plant equipment, using a variety of hand tools, power tools, shop machines, hoists, etc.
- Install and replace bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, idlers, motors, couplings, etc.
- Make major repairs to crushers, changing jaw dies, bearings, bushings, crusher mantles, etc.
- Repair conveyor belts, feeders, and hydraulic systems.
- Proficiently work with outside contractors on special projects.
- Have a willingness to operate individually or within the constraints of a team environment.
- Must be able to read and fabricate from drawings
- Must be flexible to work occasional evenings or weekends to meet production requirements as needed.
- Must be proficient at both ARC and MIG welding
- Must know about hydraulics and pneumatics
- Must know mechanical moving parts (chains, bearings, and rollers)
- The company offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
Lehigh Hanson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lehighhanson.com.