Website Matthews International
Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Apopka, FL, United States|
|Company||Matthews Environmental Solutions|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is hiring a Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for the mechanical design and integration of products, tools, and components.
This position uses experience and knowledge in mechanical engineering practices and principles to design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a college or university or have an equivalent experience
- The candidates should have 1+ years of previous engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Develop mechanical and electromechanical systems and products
- Keep up to date with current industry best practices, and research emerging technologies and trends
- Make cool stuff
- Manage projects with challenging technical requirements and tight timelines
- Solving difficult problems
- Collaborate with end customers, manufacturing team members, other engineering disciplines, vendors, and purchasing
Have You Experienced With?
- Advanced Analysis tools (FEA, CFD) using SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow, ANSYS, Nastran, or other
- Assisting with the build of designs, and prototypes, utilizing feedback from fabricators and customers.
- Combustion systems, boiler and heat recovery systems, power plant components, or abatement systems
- Compliance with common industry standards like AWS D1.1, ASME Y14.5M, ASME section 10 or UL508a
- Compliance with federal and/or international regulatory agencies like the EPA, DEFRA & EEA
- Creation and maintenance of robust product design standards
- Design Automation tools like SolidWorks DriveWorksXpress or AutomateWorks.
- Design of welded steel fabrications and components
- Engineering Data Management software like PDM
- Management of Engineering packages, including CAD drawings, BOMs, user documentation and manuals, reference specifications, and architectural descriptions.
- Planning, scheduling, and managing small and large-scale projects.
- Products designed to meet specific customer needs (“Engineered to Order”, “custom” or “bespoke”)
- Researching and debugging customer issues, identifying the root cause, and developing countermeasures.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Background in design of steel fabrications and components
- Experience in Combustion and energy systems is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D modeling in Solid Works or comparable CAD package
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasional travel may be required
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.