Mechanical Engineering Job Highlights
|Location||Mountain View, CA, United States|
Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. We are a growing team of experienced device product developers, working in a startup environment on redefining experiences with epic technology innovation. We are developing groundbreaking hardware, software, and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and image and video processing, networking, and graphics.
The company is looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Mechanical Engineer who enjoys bringing both technical and tactical expertise to cross-disciplinary teams and is excited about leading system-level and sub-system designs through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally to tie mechanical assemblies, optics, electronics, and software into compelling consumer experiences.
The applicants should have passed Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering – combination with Material Science (Polymers, Metals, Composites) from a welding school.
- The applicants should have 3+ years of experience in electro-mechanical product design.
- Integration and development experience with mechanisms.
- Experienced in designing for large volume production in a wide range of manufacturing processes (CNC, laser welding/drilling, molding operations, extrusion, lamination, printing/s, plating/s, etc.).
- Proven experience in applications with some or all of the following technology verticals – Displays, Batteries, Antennas, Acoustics.
- Successful experience in meeting reliability requirements for mass production.
The position will be responsible for system design and verification/validation including (but not limited to):
- Contribute to project planning for development schedules.
- Create evaluation models and systems to assess performance investigations for various technology components and product features.
- Interface across multiple disciplines (e.g. Program Management, Component Engineering, EE) in the selection of components for detailed development.
- Interface directly with sub-system partners for the design of and integration of technology components.
- System-level and sub-system design responsibilities in the development of concept explorations and technology investigations.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in Metrology tools and failure analysis.
- Proficient in ProE Creo/SolidWorks. CFD/FEA packages are a plus.
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Savings and investments
The benefits/perks listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.