Website WestRock Company
Mechanical Maintenance Tech Job Highlights
|Title||Mechanical Maintenance Tech|
|Location||Fernandina Beach, FL, United States|
WestRock Company provides differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions. The team members support customers around the world.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Tech who will work in a continuous manufacturing operation.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Have a minimum of 2 years full-time or part-time work experience in the last 4 years
- Able to troubleshoot, PM, and repair mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Determine work procedures to assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment
- Expertise with common paper mill equipment/components such as conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, compressors, rolls bearings, seals, chains, sprockets, couplings, cylinders, valves, etc.
- Laser align equipment, rebuild pumps, change machine bearings, operate cutting torch, weld plate and pipe, safely troubleshoot and repair hydraulic components, etc.
- Operate equipment such as hoists, cranes, forklifts, welding machines, burning rigs, etc.
- Perform a variety of maintenance related tasks in connection with the maintenance, repair, and improvement of equipment
- Understanding of and experience with reading drawings, Bills of Materials, parts identification, planning, and scheduling
- Work with a wide variety of precision tools
- Able to complete and submit an employment application online
- Able to operate in the heavy manufacturing sites and work variable schedules and overtime as needed.
- Capable of meeting physical requirements to include working weekends/holidays, around heat, noise, work inside/outside, etc.
- Demonstrated the drive to achieve and have upward movement in various jobs
- Has the mechanical, mathematical, and verbal aptitude to learn positions
- Play by the rules and work well with others
- Proven record of performance
- Self-motivated desire to learn
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- Corporate culture is based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Offer a competitive benefits package; new employees commonly earn $75,000 to $90,000 annually, Health, life, dental, and vision plans, 401(K) and employee assistance program, paid Holidays, and Vacation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce – Minorities, Females, Disabled, and Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.westrock.com.