Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Technician who is expected to contribute to day-to-day operations that may be outside of their normal skillsets, such as restroom repair and training/exposure to work unfamiliar with the candidate.
- The applicants may be required a basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- Safety Certifications a plus (Osha30)
- Welding Certification a plus
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5+ years of related work experience as an Industrial Millwright/Mechanic.
- Ability to be resourceful and get the job done under pressure or tight timelines.
- Ability to design, fabricate and build basic and/or complex structures, supports, or frameworks in the execution of daily tasks.
- Ability to execute preventative maintenance on all responsible equipment.
- Ability to perform oxy/acetylene torch, plasma arc cutting processes.
- Ability to Weld using ARC, MIG, TIG welding processes.
- Be proficient in general office PC programs and equipment monitoring systems.
- Display Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ensures an adequate on-hand spare parts inventory or lead-time system in place to support responsible equipment.
- Generate failure reports and corrective measures on major incidents to decrease and prevent failures.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain various types of facilities equipment including pumps, boilers, fans, roll-up doors, cranes, compressors, and dock equipment.
- Interacts with customers to understand requests or concerns.
- Modernization and continuing improvements of responsible equipment.
- Must be able to respond to Plant Emergencies as directed.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of responsible equipment.
- Perform demolition of equipment/systems and the ability to properly isolate, rig, and remove safely in proper sequence.
- Perform preventative maintenance for readiness and operational capacity.
- Professional, informative, and responsive communication to customers.
- Show ability to perform safe rigging procedures for lifting or installing various equipment.
- Understand and enforce code compliance throughout the Facilities’ scope of operations.
- Understand, troubleshoot and maintain facilities infrastructure and utilities across multiple sites.
- Work within a team environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to Enforce and follow all safety rules and regulations
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- Vision and dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.