Metallurgist Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Metallurgist Welding Engineer|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) creates and implements innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enable the future of aerospace.
The company is looking for a Metallurgist Welding Engineer who will focus on weld development.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry from an accredited college or university.
- The candidates should have 2 or more years of related work experience.
- Assists in evaluation of emerging technologies for potential application to business needs
- Assists in implementing corrective and preventive actions
- Assists with a definition of requirements for tools, equipment, materials, parts, and processes used in the engineering design, manufacture, and/or maintenance of Boeing products
- Assists with development and qualification of new tools, equipment, materials, parts, and processes to meet requirements
- Conducts routine analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts, or processes
- Develops computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements
- Drafts engineering specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, equipment, materials, parts, and processes
- Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN, and Quality principles
- Performs routine tests and audits to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements
- Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical, and schedule requirements
- Experience in GTAW, GMAW, FSW, Process Metallurgy, Process Development
- Experience in manufacturing development and manufacturing
- Experience with aerospace materials (2000 series aluminum alloys, Inconel, and titanium)
- Experience with MS Office software and Statistical Analysis Software such as Minitab
- Experience with weld engineering and/or weld development
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory environment
- Master’s degree in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or Weld Engineering
- Financial Security
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
NASA Safety Sensitive
- This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.