Website Lummus Group
MIG Welder (Coleman 2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||MIG Welder – Coleman 2nd Shift|
|Location||Savannah, GA, United States|
Lummus Group is a family of companies that includes three lines of business Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Intralogistics. The Group’s vision is to be a leading entrepreneurial player in our lines of business in terms of size, global reach, game-changing offerings, and assumption-busting innovations.
The company is looking for a MIG Welder who will fit, fabricate, and MIG weld different metal parts to manufacture industrial equipment.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 1 or more years of MIG welding experience or Welding Certification
- 1 or more years of experience of production welding experience – MIG or TIG
- 1 or more years of reading manufacturing prints with weld symbols
- 2 or more years of TIG Welding experience
- Experience with welding cylinders, and/or steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and using fixtures
- Cleans work areas, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Fabricates parts and machinery from 1/16” to 10” thick plate and 1/32nd to 1” thick plate.
- Grinds or chips rough edges, surplus weld, or scale.
- Identifies types of wire and gas to use on different types of metals.
- Interprets and utilizes blueprints, with weld symbols – training available for qualified candidates.
- Maintains tolerances of 1/32nd inch and consistently makes high-quality welds with wire in flat, horizontal, and vertical positions; wire gun in flat and horizontal positions.
- Makes proper adjustments to welding machines for welding different thicknesses and types of metals.
- May use jigs or weld fixtures.
- Operates overhead crane and transporter to move large and heavy piece parts.
- Reports labor accurately each day.
- Uses gouger, plasma, grinders (with and without cut-off wheels), and cutting torches.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete simple math problems including understanding fractions
- Capable of reading written work instructions and capacity to learn print reading that contains weld symbols – training available for qualified candidates.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- History of being adaptable and flexible
- Lift/Move up to 50lbs
- Occasionally sit and climb or balance
- Passion for teamwork and exceeding expectations
- Record of good career decisions including punctuality and attendance
- Regularly stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Lummus Group offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), vacation, and a caring, team-oriented work environment.
- Print reading training is available for qualified candidates.
Lummus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.