Website Lehigh Hanson
Millwright/Maintenance Journeyman Job Highlights
|Location||Union Bridge, MD, United States|
Lehigh Hanson is a leading supplier of construction materials. The company’s core activities include the production of cement and aggregates. It also produces ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and other downstream products.
The company is looking for a Millwright/Maintenance Journeyman for cement plant operations including preventive and predictive maintenance, operational field support, and administering the maintenance work order system.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Previous millwright experience (required)
- Previous experience operating equipment and performing maintenance tasks (preferred)
- Apply all aspects of the maintenance program (preventive and corrective maintenance, reporting, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
- Maintain work area in a clean, organized, and safe manner
- Maintain, repair, install and replace mechanical systems and associated equipment
- Monitor and perform field inspections on equipment; take action (report, operate, repair, fabricate, clean, adjust, etc.) on-field equipment and process
- Troubleshoot and repair conveying equipment and associated systems (belt conveyors, drag chain/s, elevators, air slides, screw conveyors, material feeders), gas and related equipment (fan, airlock, FK pump, compressor, dust collector, and vent lines to equipment), water-related equipment (pumps, filters, valves), area plant equipment (raw mill, coal mill, blend silo, preheat tower, kiln, cooler, baghouses, finish mill systems) and associated plant equipment (drives, hydraulics, couplings, cooling)
- Ability to perform all technical aspects of the job by using all tools or systems required to perform the work. (MIG and ARN welders, cutting torch, plasma cutter, micrometers, and calipers; Hoisting and rigging equipment, hand tools, hydraulic jacks)
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and follow a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to work different shifts, holidays, or overtime as required
- Automotive knowledge, repair, and troubleshooting skills a plus
- Knowledge of different types of bearing (application) in rotating equipment is essential
- Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist, and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position
- Perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- The company offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
Lehigh Hanson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lehighhanson.com.