Website Maple Leaf Foods
Millwright/Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (weekend shift)
|Brampton, ON, Canada
|Maple Leaf Foods
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company. The carbon-neutral company works on a vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth, responsibly producing food products under leading brands. They are Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals®, Mina™, Greenfield Natural Meat Co.™, Lightlife™, Field Roast Grain Meat Co.™, and Swift®.
Works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for the maintenance of production equipment.
- Applicants must hold a valid and current Ontario Industrial Mechanic 433A or Certified Welder, Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Completes work requests, applies corrective measures
- Construction and manufacturing of metal work aids
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high safety standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Enhances equipment performance by recommending improvements and implementing
- Fabricates and makes repairs using a variety of standard shop tools to weld stainless steel (TIG, MIG, and Arc welding)
- Fulfills all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS, and MSDS requirements
- Fulfills requirements of work order programs including requesting assistance when needed
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Operates, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex production mechanical equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance and regular work orders, accounts for inventory and labor on computerized maintenance system
- Works on equipment from drawings, written or verbal instructions
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 50 kgs)
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Must be available to work 12-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday, plus two 8-hour shifts during the week
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and well-being. These benefits start on the first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
Maple Leaf Foods believes in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity and commit to including every voice in the collaborative environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.mapleleaffoods.com.