Website Blue Origin
NDT Inspector – Multiple Positions Job Highlights
|NDT Inspector – Multiple Positions
|Merritt Island, FL, United States
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources.
Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available. Join our team to build a road to space – step by step ferociously.
The company is looking for an NDT Inspector who will apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
Passion for our mission and vision is required.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Previous L2 certifications
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of NDT experience in the related field,
- Perform development and production activities involving Nondestructive Testing (NDT) methods for various spaceflight systems.
- Primarily be involved in the inspection of flight-critical metallic and/or composite flight hardware and test samples.
- Responsibilities will include operation of inspection equipment, acquisition of test data, and analysis of resultant data for accept/reject determinations.
- Share in the team’s impact on all aspects of assuring part integrity, quality, and life span.
- Ability to certify in one or more of the following methods; Ultrasonics, Eddy Current, Radiography, Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Infrared, or emergent methods Terahertz and/or Laser Shearograpy per NAS-410.
- Ability to determine optimal parameters per defined techniques and system calibrations for inspection activity
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Ability to work off shifts
- Experience in analyzing resultant data from critical metallic or composite structures
- Experience in both lab and field inspection environments
- Experience in the operation of NDT inspection equipment
- Experience with AS9100 certification
- Experience with MS Office products is required
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 5+ years of NDT experience
- Experience in a production environment, preferably in the aerospace
- Experience with automated/robotic inspection equipment
- Knowledge of industry NDT standards
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.