Website Blue Origin
Non-Destructive Test Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||Non-Destructive Test Inspector|
|Type||Full Time (weekend shift)|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and find new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available. Join our team to build a road to space – step by step ferociously.
The company is seeking an individual who will perform multiple NDT methods for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- The aspiring applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, college or tech center.
- The candidates should have Level 2 experience in the Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection method.
- Experience in low rate, high mix production environment, preferably in the aerospace
- Experience in other inspection methods including Digital Radiography, Computed Tomography, or Ultrasonic.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, additive manufacturing, forgings, castings, and composites fabrication.
- Documentation and organization of inspection results.
- Establish and maintain techniques to properly examine the hardware, ensuring adherence to all safety and specification requirements.
- Interface/communicate with Engineers and/or Managers to describe inspection results.
- Perform inspections using Penetrant Test (PT) inspection method.
- Interpret inspection results and apply acceptance criteria identified on drawing or shop work order.
- Perform all necessary daily, weekly, monthly process control checks.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Ability to support Friday – Sunday, 6 am to 7 pm shift with occasional overtime.
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated workforce. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members.
We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.