Website Watts Water Technologies
Process Engineer-Welding Job Highlights
|Location||Blauvelt, NY, United States|
|Company||Watts Water Technologies|
Watts Water designs, manufactures, and commercializes high-quality, innovative products and solutions. It promotes the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation, and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial, and municipal applications.
The company is looking for a candidate who can work as a company expert in the area of welding, materials fabrication, and inspections and provide welding engineering support and services to the different Watts organizations.
- The prospective candidates should possess an engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical or Welding Engineering completed from a tech center, college, or welding school.
- Welding Quality Assurance experience preferred
- Experience with ASME codes
- Establishing standard work processes for welding and brazing. (process enforcement by others)
- Manage and coordinate small and large welding and inspection-related projects.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and proposals for internal quality MOR report-outs.
- Provide technical support for welding activities on new equipment installation/design, repair or replacement activities, and fitness-for-service assessments.
- Responsible for the root cause analysis of weld or material failure to include: failure mode identification; fracture evaluations; and root cause analysis determination.
- Specification of production fixtures for reduction of variation in the weld and braze process.
- Support review, revisions, and development of Watts procedures and standards.
- Support the maintenance and management of AERCO welding programs for both boiler and water heater value streams. This includes updating and revising current procedures to ensure compliance with the latest codes and standards and developing new procedures as required. This also includes developing and qualifying welding procedures for the various weld programs.
- Support welding procedure and weld repair development, and take ownership over the nonconforming material (NCR) reporting function.
- Training production brazes operators in proper technique and equipment for each braze process.
- Training production weld operators in proper technique and equipment for each welding process.
- Work with internal support functions to develop and implement new fixtures or welding technology for welding, repairing, fabrication, and inspecting components for pressure vessels and their components.
- Additional projects to be assigned.
- Ability to drive world-class quality systems and processes.
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Must embrace change
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
- Mainly shop floor working environment.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.
Employee Core Competencies
- Collaborate Across Workgroup
- Deliver High-Quality Results
- Develops Self and Others
- Focus on the Customer
- Initiate Positive Change
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit wattswater.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.