Website Blue Origin
Orbital Tube Weld Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Orbital Tube Weld Technician|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking an Orbital Tube Weld Technician who will be responsible for the development, fabrication, and inspection of tubes and tube assemblies for space launch vehicles.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of orbital welding experience
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace or related fields
- Ability to visually inspect welds and verify quality utilizing borescopes and other inspection methods
- Be able to hand fit and tack weld parts together with TIG welding as required
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation
- Develop weld schedules for various systems and components
- Fabricate and install hydraulic, pneumatic, and propellant tubing
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Plan and communicate assembly steps for complex mechanical installations
- Review, edit and follow work instructions for assembly tasks
- Safely work with hazardous systems, containing chemicals and/or high pressure
- Set up, operate, and maintain orbital tube welding equipment
- Work with design engineers to help recommend tooling designs needed to fixture parts for welding
- Work with engineers to review design concepts, provide feedback for ease of assembly, and support development tests
- Ability to use 3D CAD tools (CREO is preferred), and ability to read and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Certification from an orbital weld training program
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience cleaning tube systems to aerospace or medical standards
- Experience measuring and inspecting tube assemblies using a vector measuring machine
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Familiarity with tube fabrication (bend, flare, fittings, etc.) and pressurized system safety
- Knowledge of drawing review, scheduling systems, work order systems, inventory, and various issue tracking systems
- Tube bending experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of tube/fluid applications including GN2, GHe, hydraulics, and cryogenics
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to read and understand aerospace 2D/3D drawings
- Ability to use standard mechanical tools, fabrication shop equipment (band saw, chop saw, grinders, drills, etc.)
- Capable of using precision tools to accurately measure tight tolerances (calipers, height gauge, scales, etc.)
- Experience with AWS D17.1 and or similar fusion welding or orbital tube welding specifications.
- Experience with various thin-wall alloys (316 SS, Inco 625, CRES 21-6-9, Monel, Titanium)
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Climb ladders and stairs, and work in small, restricted areas
- Lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.