Website DAK Americas
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Location||Columbia, SC, United States|
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere.
DAK Americas, a division of Alpek, is a petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter to join its manufacturing team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a pipe fitter in an industrial manufacturing facility
- NITC or journeymen certification (pipefitter), AWS certification, and Ironwork/Rigging (a plus)
- Bolts or welds pipe brackets to support pipe systems; connects pipes to equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, columns, etc.
- Fit and install all types of pipes
- Inspect and test the installed pipe system
- Layout and fit up pipe systems
- Maintains equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- May be required to get certification in the operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, and man lifts.
- Operates shop machines to cut and thread pipe and pipe fittings
- Performs various piping functions to include shop fabrication, field demo and install, field runs and repairs, and screw pipe install and repair
- Prepare and fit pipe for welding by a certified pipe welder or join pipe and fittings
- Sets up and operates welders, drill press, band saw, oxy-acetylene torch, plasma cutters, etc.
- Supports the company’s planning and scheduling model during routine and shutdown execution
- The candidate may be required to work from heights and confined spaces
- Must be able to distinguish between titanium, Hastelloy, stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminum
- Must have knowledge of welding repair techniques
- Must have the ability to: fabricate and install screw pipe, socket weld pipe, miter and fabricate all pipe; install valves, pipe hangers and supports, steam and heat tracing, basic plumber repair, minor maintenance, and repair
- Must have the ability to set up, adjust, and safely operate welders, drill press, band saw, oxy-acetylene torch, plasma cutters, and various pneumatic and electric tools
- The ability to read blueprints, sketches, specifications, and written, and verbal instructions (required)
- Must have basic math skills, able to convert decimals to fractions, and use all units of measure
- Must be able to read a tape measure and square to 1/32″
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and willingness to participate in advancing safety culture
- Great Attendance and ability to work independently without daily supervision
- Will be required to pass practical tests as follows per ASME and BPVC standards
- Must be able to physically meet job requirements; standing, kneeling, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime, including nights and weekends, when needed in order to meet production deadlines
- The company offers excellent pay and a skills-based pay progression system.
DAK Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit dakamericas.jobs.net.