Plant Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Warwick, RI, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Plant Operator who will sort empty cylinders being received by filling the plant for refilling and performs necessary prefill inspection steps to qualify cylinders for a refill.
This position also examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns, and rolls cylinders to designated work area.
The Plant Operator is also responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high-pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas.
This position loads cylinders on vehicles, using a hand truck, chain hoist, or forklift, and records the type and quantity of cylinders.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of prior experience in a manufacturing operation, filling, or loading experience.
- A strong background in the gas, welding, and safety supply industry or chemical industry is preferred.
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles, products, or assists with inventory
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Handles high-pressure, medical, and liquid cylinders. Prepares high-pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches to manifold, and evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling; follows required standard procedures. Conducts Safety Checks per procedures. (Example: odor tests and checking caps and valves); fills cylinders by pressure and weight.
- Loads and unloads gas cylinders and other products on and off of route trucks and trailers moving cylinders with proper carts only.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance: paint and label cylinders; keep work area clean.
- Rolls cylinders and operates a forklift truck for the movement of cylinders on pallets.
- Sorts empty cylinders by type.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders; accurately labels cylinders.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to smell and hear leaking gas from cylinders.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Requires both indoor and outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
- Safely operate a forklift.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong level of attention to detail.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.