Website Johnson Controls
Plumber Job Highlights
|Location||Gilbert, AZ, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment and delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is seeking a Plumber who will be responsible for the local delivery and execution of core plumbing to employees and managers in accordance with Johnson Controls principles, corporate policies and procedures, and plant operations.
Perform a variety of employment-related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, safety and health, productivity, and ensuring employee compliance with Company policies in a manufacturing facility.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Completion of College/Vocational or Technical Training (preferred)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Able to braze and solder copper pipe ½” – 4”
- Able to work with PVC pipe
- Assists Electricians, Welders, and Assemblers as necessary for projects as time allows
- Experience with power tools
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance, and repair techniques
- Must be able to read blueprints and follow SOPs
- Performs other assigned work as required
- Problem-solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in small spaces.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Ability to work shift work.
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Appropriate credentials and certifications.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong attention to detail.
- While working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies must be always adhered to. Personal protective equipment (i.e., safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be always worn where required.
Johnson Controls is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.johnsoncontrols.com.