Website Jim Myers & Sons
Product Engineer Job Highlights
|Function||Engineering and IT|
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Company||Jim Myers & Sons|
Jim Myers & Sons (JMS) is a nationally recognized equipment manufacturer leading the way in the municipal water and wastewater industry. All the designed equipment and the systems are developed in-house by utilizing the latest AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, and FEA/CFD technologies, along with our proprietary design software.
The company is searching for a Product Engineer to join its Engineering Team.
- The applicants should have a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant field of engineering from a college/university or an accredited program with an equivalent combination of experience
- The candidates should have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Adherence to project schedule and specifications to meet the projects time objectives and milestones
- Application of strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a logical thought process
- Communication with internal customers in sales, engineering, manufacturing, and customer service
- Design of mechanical equipment with high attention to detail
- Project calculations, budget, timing, and quality
- Some travel to plant sites required for field measurements, installation support, and troubleshooting
- Working effectively and efficiently with project team members on multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with shop fabrication, machining, and assembly of the equipment
- Following all JMS, Inc. policies and procedures
- Experience with FEA or CFD is a plus
- Experience with material handling systems (conveyors and bulk storage) is a plus
- Experience with RISA3D, Tekla, or equivalent structural design and detailing software
- Experience with Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Experience with the application of AISC code
- Experience with the municipal water and wastewater industry is a plus
- 2 years of experience with 3D/2D design and detailing
- 5 years of experience with the design of mechanical equipment, weldments, and assemblies
- Experience with power transmission equipment including motors, gearboxes, chain drives, shafts, and bearings
- High level of knowledge/experience with applying engineering principles to electro-mechanical equipment
- High level of proficiency with completing engineering calculations
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as bending, punching, welding, machining, etc.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to negotiate positive outcomes
Jim Myers & Sons is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.jmsequipment.com.