Propulsion Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Propulsion Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
Astranis predominantly builds small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. The company is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. It is building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
The company is hiring a Propulsion Manufacturing Engineer who will define the processes used to fabricate our propulsion systems keeping in mind important factors like efficiency, repeatability, and quality control.
The position will contribute to the fabrication of multiple geostationary satellites. Applicants will also be responsible for interfacing with the Assembly Integration and Test team.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in a Technical Discipline (e.g. Engineering, Physics) from a college or university or equivalent
- The candidates should have 3+ years of industry experience in a design and manufacture related role
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Assure process repeatability
- Design of jigs and fixtures used to fabricate a satellite propulsion system
- Design/procure and operate high-pressure gas systems
- Develop and refine manufacturing processes
- Document work instructions for technicians
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the manufacturing process
- Manage inventory
- Work closely with the Assembly Integration & Test team and Mechanical team
- Work in a clean room with flight hardware
- Experience with automotive or medical hardware design and manufacture
- Experience with in-space propulsion system design and manufacture
- Experience with precision cleaning and x-ray inspection
- Familiarity with Welding Standards AWS D17.1, ASME Y14.5, and AFSPCMAN 91-710
- Familiarity with propellant material compatibility
- Familiarity with welding and weld inspection certifications
- An interest in test and manufacture hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and doing hands-on design/development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware
- Experience working in a cleanroom
- Hands-on experience working with liquid and gas systems
- US Citizenship or Green Card
Astranis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for the jobs regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.