Website Chart Industries
QC Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||New Iberia, LA, United States|
Chart Industries focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The New Iberia facility specializes in cold box assembly and fabrication, pressure vessels, and other cryogenic equipment as used for the air separation, hydrocarbon, and liquefaction industries.
The company is seeking Quality Control Welder to join its team and perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 7 to 10 years of experience in the welding and construction industries
- ASME experience preferred
- Current CWI preferred
- Education may be substituted by extended experience
- Understanding of document controls and welding procedures preferred
- Be able to read Jaeger 1 on an eye chart from a distance of not less than 12 inches and be able to pass a color contrast test to verify that they are not color blind
- Check anchor profile and dry mill paint inspections
- Coordinate with production for radiography and other NDE test
- Oversee third party NDE services on assigned projects
- Perform as-built measurements
- Perform dimensional checks
- Perform inspections to ensure compliance with a quality program and customer requirements
- Perform internal sampling audits
- Perform pipe bend checks and blacklight inspection for oxygen service
- Perform pressure tests on finished products to verify leak and structural integrity
- Perform Radiographic film Interpretation
- Perform routine inspections to ensure compliance with ASME requirements
- Perform a visual inspection of welds and dimensional verifications
- Required to work at elevated heights up to 75 feet
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Ability to read structural and piping blueprints
Physical Work Environment
- Ensure that the work area is safe and clean.
- Know emergency procedures, contacts, and documentation needed in emergency situations.
- Know proper lifting and rigging procedures for our type of work.
- Recognize potential safety issues with equipment in your area, know how to inspect the equipment and how to remedy a potential safety situation.
- Understand that safety is the number one goal and make sure all employees follow safety rules and policies.
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.