Quality Control Inspector/Field Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Control Inspector/Field Technician|
|Location||Port Hope, ON, Canada|
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil/gas, power/process, environment and infrastructure, renewables, mining, and general industrial sectors.
The company is looking for a Quality Control Inspector/Field Technician for a large-scale environmental project that involves cleaning up historical waste, dredging and water treatment activities, installing retaining walls, and monitoring.
- The applicants should have a College Diploma, coupled with min 2 years of construction project-related experience.
- Exposure to an ISO 9001 QMS is an asset.
- Adheres to Wood’s Quality Management System.
- Coordinates or performs testing activities based on a forecasted schedule.
- Ensures fieldwork is carried out following relevant project documents (plans, procedures, work instructions, etc.).
- Follows contract specifications, approved submittals, and drawings for performing field inspections.
- Generates QC submittals as needed or assists the Quality Manager in the request, reviews, and controls of timely receipt of QC submittals from suppliers.
- Identifies non-conformances or potential non-conformances and raises them to the Quality Manager for capture and correction.
- Notifies the Quality Manager and the Site Superintendent of fieldwork that is carried out incorrectly or its execution will result in a non-conformance;
- Performs concrete and asphalt in-situ testing.
- Performs field quality activities as outlined in the specification requirements and/ or inspection and test plans, such as daily subcontractor oversight, subgrade inspections, liner installation, equipment inspection, material inspection, material sampling, rebar inspections, sheet piles installation; welding inspections (civil and mechanical works mostly), etc.
- Performs in-situ compaction testing of material, in addition to collecting samples of the material for gradation and proctor results.
- Prepares daily QC reports detailing QC activities completed and their statuses (e.g. monitoring of sensitive installations or conditions, Recording areas of failed tests).
- Prepares quality documents such as forms, procedures, plans as per Quality Management System (QMS) and contract requirements.
- Updates and maintains the project ITP (Inspection and Test Plan).
- Ability to read and apply drawings; Strong abilities to understand the technical specifications.
- Must be able to obtain a security grade; this might include a criminal record check, police check, and credit check.
- Qualified to perform field testing for concrete, aggregates, asphalt.
- Strong communication and writing skills (Reports neatly written, legible, and provide a good understanding of the conditions in the site for the day).
- Strong Microsoft Applications experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, judgment, team player, and flexibility.
Wood is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-canadaexternal.icims.com.