Website BWX Technologies
Quality Control Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Control Manager|
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is recruiting a Quality Control Manager who will ensure the quality of manufactured and purchased products and the quality of Operations group activities.
Plans, coordinates, and directs the quality control program which is designed to ensure the production of high-quality products consistent with established standards and specifications through leadership and the manufacturing quality control organization.
- Applicants should have a College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering, Science, or Technology
- Six Sigma training (Black Belt) or Quality training recognized by the ASQ
- Possess at least 10 years of related experience
- Experience in statistical and Continuous Improvement methods
- Establish and present regular training for employees on quality issues, and develop programs to encourage each employee to perform quality control as part of Operations.
- Identify the need and opportunity for quality and operational improvements and implement these improvements in all areas of Operations.
- Report and track any significant deviations from the quality program and recommend corrective actions to the appropriate management.
- Review production processes for conformance to the quality program.
- Manage all customer-related quality issues within the Manufacturing Operation.
- Provide leadership and direction to the QC Supervisors and QC inspection groups.
- Support/mentor the Operations group in implementing business processes, as well as mentor Six Sigma Black and Green belts.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
- Monitor and improve the function of the Quality Control group which includes Source Assurance, Documentation and Records, Incoming Receiving, Factory Inspections, as well as NDE and RT Services.
- Effective communication skills
- Bonus plan
- Competitive Health and Dental benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Educational Refund Program
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Life insurance
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.