Website BWX Technologies
Quality Control Supervisor Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Control Supervisor|
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is looking for a Quality Control Supervisor who will ensure that Quality Control Inspectors, Gauge Lab Technicians, and Incoming Inspection personnel are qualified, certified, trained, and have the necessary skills to perform the inspections needed to ensure that BWXT Canada products meet all the requirements for the company QA programs, procedures, and customer specifications.
The position will report to the Quality Programs Manager.
- Applicants should have a College Diploma (preferred)
- Technician/Technologist certificate preferably in a related field (Engineering, QC, QA, Welding)
- Possess 5 years of experience in Quality Control, preferably at a supervisory level
- Ensure that inspectors work safely and efficiently and in compliance with company safety regulations.
- Maintain discipline and monitor the performance of employees.
- Schedule manpower assignments to ensure productivity. Organize overtime requirements.
Support Inspection Process-
- Support the inspection process in Operations, issue deficiency reports, assist with interpretation of drawings, procedures, acceptance standards, and product acceptability as well as deal with and resolve Customer Inspector concerns.
Monitor Gauge Lab-
- Oversee the operation of the Gauge Lab, coordinate calibrations for master gauges, distribute and monitor responses for overdue calibration reports, issue certificates of calibration to customers and auditors as required as well as issue and address Deviation Calibration Reports.
- Coordinate and conduct training, organize and conduct certification testing, and re-certification.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports or checklists for inspectors to facilitate, design, and record complex inspection activities.
Internal/External QC Inspectors/Candidates-
- Evaluate internal/external QC inspectors and candidates, determine suitability, monitor and maintain the performance of inspectors and inspector candidates through conducting interviews, administer and grade tests as well as ensure they remain independent of manufacturing on all relating to quality.
Represent Quality Control-
- Inform manufacturing supervision and department managers of quality issues.
- Issue monthly reports to department managers, attend and represent Quality Control in interdepartmental meetings, and Continuous Process Improvement teams, participate in RCA investigations as well as evaluate new inspection processes to ensure they are adequate.
- Knowledge of fitting, welding, or fabrication
- Superior computer and communication skills
- Bonus plan
- Competitive salaries
- Educational Refund Program
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits
- Profit sharing plan
- Life insurance
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.