Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Hebron, OH, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
The company is seeking a Quality Engineer who will function as-
Performs functions to lead PPAP/MPAP inspection, quality control operations, and final inspection of finished products to meet quality standards.
Investigates and analyze quality problems, recommend solutions, and ensure corrective actions are completed.
Reviews quality standards, tolerances, engineering changes, and evaluating equipment, including fixture design, and obtaining supplies and equipment.
Supervises the Process Control and End of Line Inspection functions.
Leads internal quality audit program and has a working knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949 standards.
- Applicants require a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Quality from a college/university
- Possess a minimum of 4 years of experience in implementing quality systems in a manufacturing and design environment.
- Experience with PPAP, MPAP, 8D, and statistical analysis (paretos, histograms, control charts, and other statistical tools).
- Experience with processes (machining, welding, forming, assembly), products, or industry (highly desirable)
- Assist Management Representative with maintaining and improving Quality Management System.
- Communicate with suppliers on root cause analysis and corrective action implementation at their facilities.
- Coordinates audit teams and ensures compliance with standards.
- Develop control plans, and work instructions and determine measuring equipment for new product implementation/manufacturing.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Monitor quality issues, and identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Organize, facilitate, participate in, coordinate, or root cause analysis teams, continuous improvement teams, or other teams where the use of quality planning techniques is appropriate. Help provide feedback from floor audits and charts.
- Prepare and deliver quality reports, statistical analyses, and presentations.
- Provide training for employees during the implementation of new process changes.
- Supervises an hourly team of Process and in-line inspection auditors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to train others in Quality principles and tool use
- Ability to travel occasionally (required)
- Ability to work well with others and clearly communicate both written and verbally
- Implementation of time management skills to handle multiple responsibilities is needed
- Attention to Detail
- Development and Continual Learning
- Innovation, Cooperation, and Empathy
- Researching information
- Stress Tolerance
- Frequent exposure to office designated area and plant area
- Frequently exposed to loud noises
- Occasional atmospheric exposure
- Frequent need to position self to check quality on the floor and on the shelves.
- Frequently need to move about the inside office and plant designated area to inspect inventory.
- Must be able to move constantly.
- Occasional movement of hands, wrists, or fingers such as typing, filing, and writing.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.