Quality Inspector I (Fremont ) Job Highlights
|Title||Quality Inspector I – Fremont|
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is looking for a Quality Inspector who will evaluate finished metal bodies on and off of a moving production line in a high-speed environment.
Inspectors determine the disposition of active production parts to ensure Tesla standards are being met.
Inspectors must be prepared to escalate concerns to the appropriate party and always promote a culture of quality.
The purpose of the Quality Inspector is to minimize the amount of defective parts that are sent to downstream departments and assist multiple teams in maintaining and improving overall part quality, yielding beneficial results and higher efficiency for Tesla.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience in an automotive production or manufacturing quality assurance environment.
- Communicate emerging and trending quality issues to prevent negative impact on the factory.
- Comprehend current production quality standards and determine if ongoing production meets those standards.
- Construct and maintain strong relationships with members of all nearby teams.
- Document and Communicate any identified defects.
- Escalate concerns that are not being properly resolved in your immediate work area.
- Evaluate parts at the start, middle, and end of production runs.
- Guide production teams to properly disposition parts as good for use, needs repair, or scrap.
- Perform Ultrasonic tests on spot welds to validate production lines and confirm ongoing changes.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skillset to engage and troubleshoot new quality issues.
- Ability to be personable and effective in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to build solid relationships with several teams in multiple departments.
- Ability to communicate new defect information to team leadership and counterparts.
- Ability to determine potential countermeasure solutions against failed inspections.
- Ability to determine the severity of a defect and the required response.
- Ability to help establish the first line of defense for immediate containment activities.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between several defect types.
- Ability to leverage general automotive surfacing knowledge.
- Ability to perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting of quality issues that will be referenced by technicians, engineers, and management.
- Ability to physically feel defects in sheet metal.
- Ability to visually detect defects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and walk with objects up to 30 pounds in weight.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment requiring critical analysis is a plus.
- Experience with aluminum and/or steel defect remanufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with measurement and inspection tools is a plus. (Calipers, Torque Wrenches, Metal Stones, Measuring Tape, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is a plus.
- Experience with training peers or co-workers is a plus.
- Neat handwriting is a plus.
- Organized and proactive mindset.
- Technology mindset.
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.