Website Johnson Controls
Quality Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is looking for a Quality Supervisor who will lead plant activities and personnel related to plant assembly, fabrication, and paint quality performance.
The position will work cross-functionally to ensure preventive processes are in place to incorporate failure prevention and mitigation in day-to-day plant operations; address all quality-related issues with root cause determination and closed-loop corrective action and with appropriate assessment activity in a fact-based timely manner; and, report out quality performance metrics daily/weekly and monthly.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a college or university or equivalent combined education and experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing/production setting.
- Adopt a data-based structured problem-solving approach to address the specific quality issues and to develop systemic solutions to reoccurring issues. Ensure problem-solving methodology is followed (Pareto, fishbone, various charts, and graphs).
- Assist/support Supplier Quality Engineer as needed.
- Facilitate/participate in Engineering Design Reviews of specifications and drawings related to the components and develop the action plans to resolve issues.
- Interface with Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Product Engineering to provide testing and data analysis to ensure product and process compliance.
- Issue reports using real-time data which provides the plant or process data information that allows a basis for business decisions.
- Lead and support Internal Audits for quality systems.
- Leads quality improvement initiatives to standardize processes, identify and control special and critical characteristics and reduce process and product variation.
- Leads successful development and implementation of product quality plans including but not limited to PFMEAs, Production Control Plans, Quality Standards, Operator Work Instructions, and process quality data collection systems including but not limited to statistical process control (SPC), FPY, and RTPY metrics.
- Provide technical and quality expertise to support direct reports and other JCI teams in plant quality and end-user quality-related issues resolution.
- QA documentation maintenance – review, update and ensure that QA documentation is generated and aligned in place as required.
- Responsible for managing the Quality metrics related to COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality), which includes conducting root cause analysis of failure modes and establishing effective countermeasures.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Quality Auditors assigned to this role ensuring goals for plant quality is managed and improved continuously.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification (CQE) and/or Six Sigma (DMAIC) Certification
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with proven leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing procedures, production methods (including machining and welding), shop standards, SPC, and modern quality assurance applications.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities (8D) and facilitation skills.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.