Website Collins Aerospace
R&D Metallurgical Senior Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||R&D Metallurgical Senior Engineer|
|Location||Windsor Locks, CT, United States|
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. It has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges.
The company is seeking an R&D Metallurgical Engineer who will work in the design, development, testing, and implementation of advanced metallic materials and manufacturing technologies for a variety of aerospace products.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university and 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience
- In absence of a Degree (program), 9 years of relevant experience is required
- The candidates should have a required combination of work experience and education.
- Characterization and analysis of additive build process responses such as melting, solidification, residual stress, thermal distortion, microstructure, defects, properties, etc.
- Collaborate with Collins strategic business units to implement new technologies.
- Conceptualize and perform experimental and analytical R&D to understand chemical, physical, and mechanical properties of materials and effects of processing.
- Contribute to strategic planning activities by providing technology recommendations and needs for future research and development.
- Develop technical relationships with strategic material & manufacturing suppliers and attend technical conferences to understand technology capabilities and limitations. Report to the team on differentiating technology ideas and how they can apply to needed solutions.
- Interface with engineering groups across Collins Aerospace strategic business units, universities, research institutions, and material producers and processors to mature knowledge of materials and manufacturing to Collins’ applications including new material qualification, manufacturing readiness level progression, and specification writing.
- Manage and execute project initiatives to propose milestone schedules and budgets that focus on expanding our knowledge of metallic material systems and processing techniques in support of Collins performance and cost initiatives.
- Support business unit-specific initiatives by providing material and process expertise, technical solutions to challenging projects, and project management support when required.
- Strong project management or technical team lead experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated technical expertise in one or more of these areas required:
-Ability to design and execute experiments
-Advanced knowledge of destructive and non-destructive testing methods
-Advanced manufacturing processing of metals (additive processes, heat treatment, welding, brazing, etc.)
-Application of advanced characterization techniques to problem-solving
-Knowledge of various metallic additive manufacturing methods
-Mechanical metallurgy, structure-property correlation
-Passion for process understanding and variation reduction in additive manufacturing process and equipment
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, report writing, and presentation skills
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Bright Horizons, back-up child/elder care, and college coach resources
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Employee Scholar Program, a tuition reimbursement program
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Must be a US Person
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.