Reliability Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Plaquemine, LA, United States|
Dow is an innovative, materials science company. The company combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as high-performance buildings, home and personal care, electrical and industrial, consumer goods, and components assembly.
The company is looking for a Reliability Technician who will provide front-line reliability and maintenance subject matter expertise to ensure sustained reliable equipment and process operation for the Poly B plant and packaging facilities.
The applicant provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based and impacts the reliability, availability, and maintainability of the system and/or equipment.
Requires advanced skills and expertise in a range of processes, procedures, and systems, and/or specialized technical expertise for both fixed and rotating equipment.
May act as a working team lead, providing subject matter guidance and coordinating work for nested millwrights and techs working within the zone.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of experience with mechanical rotating equipment.
- Assists Turnaround front-end loading with job scoping to ensure successful asset renewal and reliability improvement.
- Coaches crafts and operations personnel on appropriate repair and operations practices respectively.
- Develops and maintains maintenance procedures based on Most Effective Technology (MET).
- Develops procedures and quality control plans with the necessary repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, and welding procedures. Ensures their consistent usage.
- Does root cause analysis address equipment failures and provide experience on failures and repair techniques during formal root cause investigations.
- Implements missing equipment monitoring capabilities to sustain reliability.
- Implements solutions to resolve chronic/repeat failures.
- Mentors other maintenance team members in core job responsibilities, common repairs, advanced repairs, and advanced diagnostics.
- Monitors equipment performance, identifying and correcting negative trends. Escalates in a timely fashion to avoid EH&S or production impact.
- Performs and evaluates Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) and Preventive Predictive Maintenance (PPM) results and recommends appropriate action.
- Performs, together with maintenance engineers, crafts, or operators, advanced troubleshooting on equipment issues and repairs.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing pumps, compressors, packaging equipment, and power transmission equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Office software
- NCCER Certification, Trade School or Associates
- SAP experience
- Ability to use and read a Micrometer.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population that is spread across the site.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Safety focused.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of basic process equipment, such as pumps, blowers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Bending, reaching, and lifting
- Lift, push, and pull
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to a respirator, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders
- Work in tight and closed-in spaces
- A minimum requirement for this position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Current, valid US driver’s license.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
To apply for this job please visit corporate.dow.com.