Sr. Maintenance Engineering Technologist Job Highlights
|Title||Sr. Maintenance Engineering Technologist|
|Location||Midland, MI, United States|
Dow is an innovative, materials science company. The company combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation, and leading business positions. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings, and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as high-performance buildings, home and personal care, electrical and industrial, consumer goods, and components assembly.
The company requires a Sr. Maintenance Engineering Technologist who will serve as a Project Maintenance Representative to ensure the project team delivers a facility to the business that will meet the business plan in the areas of reliability, availability, and maintainability, by applying the minimum cost of ownership principles from Project Identification through Startup.
The individual will help develop and implement a fully detailed Maintenance Strategy in order to meet the business requirements as documented in the Business Opportunity Plan (BOP) and/or Technology Implementation Plan (TIP).
- The applicants should have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 7 years of maintenance, engineering, or similar experience.
- As appropriate and required, reviews spare parts list for existing equipment and works with MRO to ensure parts are identified, added, and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy.
- Coordinates in establishing equipment files and vendor manuals (repair manuals, parts, specifications, catalogs, etc.).
- Coordinates inspection acceptance/testing process.
- Development and implementation of a maintenance strategy as outlined in the Maintenance Strategy VIP.
- Develops and implements an Equipment Protection Plan to maintain the capability of the equipment to perform its intended function, from the point of manufacture through shipment, receiving, storage, installation, and startup.
- Develops maintenance procedures based on Most Effective Technology (MET).
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. are provided and documented. Provide technical support as needed.
- Ensures repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment-specific training are documented and made available.
- Ensures that the project team delivers the necessary infrastructure to the run plant team to support “maintain facilities” activities such as a Preventive Predictive Maintenance program that identifies equipment, services, and frequency.
- Insists on maintenance history data (from vendors) on any equipment new to Dow. Involves consultants and specialists in the selection and approval process as needed.
- Presents and ensures the long-term cost of ownership is considered and reports on progress during the design stages.
- Projects typically install a variety of new equipment including Reactor systems, product finishing, storage, bulk loading & offloading, valves, distillation columns additive system, emissions control device, solids handling, etc., and this equipment needs to integrate with existing utilities on the Midland site.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification, and purchasing of needed parts.
- Provides experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides expertise to the project team in all Global Project Methodology (GPM) steps that are impacted by the maintenance function.
- Provides maintenance expertise during the Front-End Loading / Value Improving Practices sessions.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether the equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Provides technical support for various design disciplines.
- Supports the use of the Approved Manufacturer/Suppliers List and contributes Quality Supplier Product Performance (QSPP’s) to the system to drive improvements.
- Uses site groups to gather information on materials and equipment history. Verify proper equipment, both mechanical and I&E. Ensure site involvement in project reviews.
- An Associate’s degree program or higher with a focus in maintenance or engineering or a similar discipline
- Experience as a Maintenance Engineering Technician or a Maintenance Representative for capital projects is preferred
- Journeyman certification in a maintenance skill trade
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment
- Actively participates in workgroup team meetings to address safety, process improvement, problem-solving, and department, and functional topics
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through the influence
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency in computers to perform job tasks
- Safety focused
- Strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards the individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Perform occasional bending, reaching, and heaving lifting, climbing stairs/ladders, and working at heights as well as standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to a respirator, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes
- A minimum requirement for the position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Willing and able to work overtime (extra hours beyond regularly scheduled), if needed, to meet critical deadlines.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
To apply for this job please visit corporate.dow.com.