Website Watseka (Wärtsilä)
Repair Services Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Repair Services Technician|
|Location||Turlock, CA, United States|
Watseka (Wärtsilä) is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. The company maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants by emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency, and data analytics.
Lock-N-Stitch is seeking a qualified candidate who will be responsible for repairing machinery, mechanical equipment, and components made of cast metals using proprietary and patented products and techniques in addition to industry-standard procedures.
Repair Services Technician also sets up and operates a wide variety of hand tools, machine tools and fit and assemble parts to fabricate or repair by performing the duties listed below.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- OR possess an equivalent combination of education and experience
- The candidates should have 3 years of increasingly advanced mechanical experience
- Conduct a thorough inspection and perform failure analysis in order to determine the extent of damage and to formulate the scope of work.
- Create accurate and complete scope of work.
- Cut, fit and install patches.
- Dismantle machine or equipment as necessary to examine parts for defect, remove defective or damaged parts, and gain access for repair.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points; use micrometers and calipers.
- Perform metal stitching repairs and install thread repair inserts using products that are manufactured by LNS; frequently install specifically designed functional and structural reinforcements.
- Perform related tasks such as cutting, plasma cutting, machining, drilling, tapping, and grinding.
- Reassemble machine or equipment and test effectiveness of the repair.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, mill, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Welds using gas welding, fusion welding, powder spraying, brazing, and any combination of electric welding processes.
- Assess customer needs and provide quotes.
- Completes all company and customer requested/assigned documents completely, accurately, and timely.
- Maintains clean, efficient, and effective workspace.
- Prioritizes communication, disclosure, and respectful behavior with customers, co-workers, vendors, and supervisors.
- Properly and safely rigs equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, machine parts, or specifications as necessary.
- Takes digital pictures of stages of the repair job and uploads data upon completion of repair.
- Takes lead role during on-site and off-site projects.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
Other Basic Requirement
- Complete all internal control records, forms, and procedures properly and accurately.
- Complete company records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Current driver’s license; must be insurable by the company’s vehicle insurance provider.
- Must acquire a solid knowledge of repair services process and knowledge of LNS repair services products and their part numbers, part families, and kits.
- Must have strong knowledge of hand tools and inspection tools.
- Possess above-average mechanical aptitude, at least average machining aptitude, and welding aptitude.
- Valid passport within 90 days of the date of hire.
- Welding certifications, metal stitching experience, and additional education in a related field are desired.
- Will require strong reading, writing, and arithmetic skills, and must have good functional knowledge of common office computer systems and basic working knowledge of electronic media tools (camera and picture files)
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of LNS.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Domestic and international travel required up to 60%
- Ability to Mount and Dismount Forklift/Truck
- Bend/Squat/Sit and Stand for a prolonged period of time
- Carrying: 25 Pounds; 5 Times per shift
- Clear Speech
- Climbing / Balance
- Color Perception (Red, Green, Amber)
- Driving (local/over the road)
- Lifting: 45 Pounds; 5 Times per shift
- Pushing/Pulling/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch or Crawl
- Touching: Dexterity; Hand; Finger
- Vision: Close; Distance; Depth
- Dirt Dust
- Electrical Equipment
- Extreme Heat/Extreme Cold
- Hazardous Materials
- High Places
- Mechanical Equipment
- Moving Objects
- Pressurized Equipment
- Verbal Contact w/Others; Face-to-Face Contact
- Works Alone/Works with Others
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Watseka is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wartsila.com.