Repair Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Repair Technician I|
|Location||Morristown, NJ, United States|
STERIS helps the Customers to create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions. The company is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines, and biologics.
The company is looking for a Repair Technician who has transferable experience working in HVAC repair, general maintenance and installation, jewelry repair, welding, automotive, residential home repair, plumbing, electrical, small engine repair, computer repair, equipment repair, diesel repair, machine repair, aviation repair, hospital sterile processing, etc.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 of years relevant work experience.
- Must be able to pass a DOT medical/physical exam.
- Strongly prefer 1 year of surgical instrument experience or CRCST/ SPD Foundations training completion.
- Appropriately identifies risks/issues and escalates timely and effectively.
- Becomes familiar with Customer reporting and contractual/ regulatory requirements for assigned territory and provides input to completing daily required documentation.
- Complies with work schedules, established team standards and protocols to ensure a safe, productive, and respectful work environment.
- Performs basic to intermediate level repairs and maintenance on stainless surgical instrumentation at hospitals and surgery centers in a designated territory. This work is performed on a mobile repair truck, inside a repair lab, or inside a hospital, using grinding wheels, buffing wheels, various hand, and power tools, etc.
- Must be able to meet flexible schedules with occasional early/late hours and the occasional overnight.
- Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement for commercial interstate driving.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- 401(k) with a company match
- All necessary tools provided
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Competitive pay
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- Growth opportunity, we offer 3 levels of Repair Technician you can advance through
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred, and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.steris.com.