Website Johnson & Johnson
Senior Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Palm Beach Gardens, FL, United States|
|Company||Johnson & Johnson|
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures.
Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior Engineer who will support and extend the development of sophisticated medical product projects across medical device businesses.
This role will include but not be limited to electro-mechanical component/sub-assembly process development and qualifications as well as risk identification, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
- The applicants should have passed a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (program) in a Technical Field with 5 years of experience in a relevant regulated industry such as medical, pharmaceutical, automotive, or aerospace.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in metals manufacturing engineering including CNC Swiss-type Automatic Lathes, CNC multi-axis Machining, Metal Injection Molding, Stamping, Laser Welding, and Powdered Metal Forming.
- Apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments. Utilize their prior work experience, Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques, Lean Six Sigma process knowledge, and the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool to drive the product design to its most efficient outcome.
- Assess and mitigate process risks throughout all phases of development to ensure team success.
- Collaborate to reflect manufacturing requirements in product design to ensure design for manufacturability and team goals are met.
- Collaborate with team on project objectives and plans.
- Conduct qualification of manufacturing-related equipment, tools, gauges, fixtures, processes.
- Coordinate activities with internal & external partners.
- Encourage and contribute new insights that challenge the status quo.
- Function as a leader and technical professional ensuring product quality, reliability, and cost objectives are met while connecting improvement feedback to supply chain, design, quality, marketing, and financial partners.
- Influence and hold internal and external business partners accountable while actively driving activities and work to meet results-oriented goals.
- Lead component development activities within New Product Development projects, primarily supporting activities within the Ethicon EndoMechanical business unit but may have assignments within Ethicon Robotics or Ethicon Energy.
- Provide component cost estimates for component designs and processing options to meet high volume demand. Cost estimates to include capital equipment costs and capacity planning.
- Provide Design for Manufacturing (DFM) guidelines to the design team for component geometry and dimensional tolerancing while developing prototype components.
- Provide design support, process knowledge, and lead execution of qualification and stabilization deliverables that implement world-class supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Provide feedback and coordinate with Sourcing partners the supplier selection process for high volume component requirements.
- Provide insight to identify and execute performance and cost improvement opportunities within the design or manufacturing processes.
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, perform measurement system analyses, complete process capability studies and process validation on supplier processes
- Work with our Supply Base to provide metals components and sub-assemblies that meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Component process development.
- Experience with Test Method Validation (TMV), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and/or Gage Reproducibility and Repeatability (GR&R).
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Leading and developing outside vendors and suppliers.
- Leading characterization and solutions to technical manufacturing issues.
- Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt, or Black Belt certification.
- Project Management and Risk Management.
- Tooling design and building of metal injection molds, stamping tools, and machining processes.
- Understanding and leading completion of Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) analyses.
- Use of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology for process development and continuous improvement.
- Working in a dynamic team environment with an emphasis on manufacturing process development starting at new product development through scale-up and sustaining manufacturing.
- Application of statistical analysis techniques such as Process Stability, Control, and Capability.
- Development and Application of gauging techniques and subsequent Measurement Systems Analyses (GR&R).
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and influencing skills.
- Experience with engineering drawings and interpretations.
- Process Development and Qualification of Manufacturing Processes.
- Understanding of material selection and secondary processing operations such as heat treating, electropolishing, or other processes required for medical device applications.
- This position may require up to 25% travel domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.