Senior Marine Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Senior Marine Welder|
|Location||Mayport, FL, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e. Health, Transport, Justice/Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is hiring a Senior Marine Welder who will be on a dynamic team, supporting our C5ISR system installations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Be certified in the following welding processes GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, and TIG.
- Possess an AIT experience
- Assign work to qualified personnel.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, blueprints, shop job orders, and process sheets.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting (PLASMA or TORCH) and grinding.
- Train new shop personnel on machinery, tools, and test equipment required for quality construction of products.
- Use a variety of ARC and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as foundations, cable collars, cable/pipe/vent hangers, cable tube penetrations, studs, etc.
- Work onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation and the like and with equipment where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises, muscle strains, serious injury, or death.
- Be familiar with NAVSEA, standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electrical repair, fabrication, and installation.
- Get respirator qualified and wear proper PPE throughout their work shift.
- Have own tools of the trade and able to pass precertification company weld test.
- Attention to safety-critical
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% to various work sites.
- Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in a kneeling position for the layout of cable runs under false decking, lift 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 40 pounds for many shifts while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position.
- Must complete a successful qualification in the following Serco Welding Procedures within 30 calendar days of starting date-
-Successfully pass 3 positions in FCAW steel
-Successfully pass 3 positions in FCAW stainless steel
-Successfully pass 3 positions in GMAW aluminum
-Successfully pass 3 positions in GTAW steel
-Successfully pass 3 positions in GTAW stainless steel
-Successfully pass 3 positions in GTAW aluminum
- Auto/Homeowners insurance
- Dental coverage
- Dependent day-care flexible spending accounts
- Domestic partner benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group legal assistance
- Health care flexible spending account
- Medical and prescription drug coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pet discount programs
- Vision plan
Serco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.