Website IMI Industrial Services Group
Shop Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Athens, GA, United States|
|Company||IMI Industrial Services Group|
IMI Industrial Services Group provides turnkey facility maintenance services using our millwrights, electricians, piping, and construction crews. The company’s field services include process piping, sanitary piping, equipment installation, and equipment rebuilds.
They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment, and they will perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities.
These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
- The prospective applicants should have either just advanced from the Fabricator Helper level or have developed skills through technical training
- If they have obtained the NCCER or completed a related program through an accredited technical school.
- These individuals must be able to pass IMI’s internal welding test with a 70 or above.
- The candidates should have 0 to 3 years of previous field experience.
- Ability to read a parts list and determine if all required parts are present.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy based on quantifiable information.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skills, including measuring, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Develop layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
- Fabricate, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment from various materials including carbon steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of various metals.
- Knowledge of the properties of various welding rods and fluxes used in welding metals.
- Lays out, fits, and assembles the formed components to assemble structural components, such as machinery frames, ovens, tanks, pressure vessels, catwalks, and grating.
- Operate soldering and welding equipment including MIG, TIG, stick welder, and torches.
- Read blueprints, sketches, technical shop manuals, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as saws, grinders, brakes, drills, rolls, and shears.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, calipers, micrometers, squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- They should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the fabricating field.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shifts.
- Good physical fitness, eye-hand coordination, and ability to quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance with the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity is needed for repetitive tasks and to operate standard operating equipment.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors including times of inclement weather.
- Must be highly safety conscious and have the ability to see and escape from dangerous situations
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
IMI Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The company does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit imiindustrialservicesgroup.applytojob.com.