Website IMI Industrial Services Group
Pipefitter Job Highlights
|Company||IMI Industrial Services Group|
IMI Industrial Services Group provides turnkey facility maintenance services using our millwrights, electricians, piping, and construction crews. The company’s field services include process piping, sanitary piping, equipment installation, and equipment rebuilds.
The company is seeking a Pipefitter who may specialize in working with certain metal or non-metal piping systems and have a narrower base of knowledge.
They are required to assist with maintaining tools and equipment and perform various cleanup and housekeeping activities.
These employees report to a Foreman, General Foreman, or Project Manager.
- The applicants should have either advanced from the Pipefitter Helper level or and have developed additional skills via technical training and/or field experience.
- If they have obtained their NCCER certification, or if they have completed a related program (course) through an accredited technical school.
- They must be able to pass the internal fitter test with a 70 or above.
- The candidates should have previous pipe fitting work experience.
- Ability to interpret mechanical charts, conversion tables, and other mathematical charts relative to the classification of a Pipefitter.
- Ability to pick the type and size of pipe and related material and equipment that is required.
- Ability to work with piping made from copper, iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, and other alloy metals that are fused together through precise cutting, threading, grooving (Victaulic), bending, and welding.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear. Utilize logical step-by-step procedures for work, planning, solving problems, and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
- Accurately apply intermediate mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and conversion of fractions and decimals.
- Bend pipe using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Cut pipe using saws, cutting torch, and/or pipe cutting machine.
- Fit, assemble and install a variety of metals or non-metal pipes and fittings using approved assembly techniques.
- Inspect worksites to determine the presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipes will not cause structural weakness.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Lays out, fabricates, install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. These systems may vary in shape, size, and pressure.
- Plan installation or repairs to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities or other workers.
- Secure pipe to structures with brackets, clamps, and hangers using hand tools and power tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Thread pipe using a pipe threading machine.
- Individuals should possess basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the pipefitting field.
- Ability to climb a ladder and step into various pieces of equipment.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Ability to wear PPE correctly for working shifts.
- Good physical fitness, eye-hand coordination, and ability to quickly respond to sounds.
- Good sense of balance with the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity is needed for repetitive tasks and to operate standard operating equipment.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, twist, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors including times of inclement weather.
- Must be highly safety conscious and have the ability to see and escape from dangerous situations
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
IMI Industrial Services Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The company does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit imiindustrialservicesgroup.applytojob.com.