Shovel/Drill Repairer Job Highlights
|Location||Green Valley, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is hiring a skilled Shovel/Drill Repairer (mechanic) who under supervision will perform duties relating to the safe maintenance and repair of shovels and drills, including hydraulic and electric shovels.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist, or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- May be required to perform basic welding tasks, such as oxy-acetylene cutting and arc welding
- May operate equipment such as forklifts, cranes, and small mobile equipment
- May perform system replacement and repairs on but not limited to: electrical, hydraulic systems; and component replacement and repairs on dippers, handles, swing, propel, crowd and hoist transmissions, hoist cables, GET (Ground Engaging Tools), drill bits, drill pipes, hydraulic pumps and motors, engines, electric motors, gearboxes, compressors, auto lube systems, and hydraulic valves and hoses
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining work orders, a clean and safe work area, and performing work area inspections
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be asked/required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer – protected veteran, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.