Website Delta Constructors
Structural Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Carlsbad, NM, United States|
Delta Constructors is a leading construction company. It provides support and services to industrial clients of all sizes in water, wastewater, petroleum, gas processing, and energy projects.
The company is searching for a Structural Welder to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in oilfield (preferred)
- Adheres to applicable welding methods in completion of structural fabrications
- Analyzes blueprints and structural drawings
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and appropriate educational classes required by the department.
- Calibrates welding tools and equipment according to welding procedure specifications
- Cleans and prepare metal workpieces using scrapers, chemical solutions, and grinders to ensure a smooth and contaminant-free surface
- Conducts post-welding activities such as grinding, cleaning, and polishing of workpieces
- Cuts, repairs, and assembles building components to form complete structures
- Inspects and evaluates welds to ensure they are free of defect and adhere to specifications
- Utilizes manual and mechanical processes to weld in various positions
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to conduct appropriate tests to identify and correct faults in the framework of a structure
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly
- Knowledge and experience in oilfield operations (preferred)
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Knowledge of industrial structural welding methods and techniques
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment such as; welder torch, electrode holder, drill press, gas welding, and welding electrode
- Alaska locations only: North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training (required)
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to type, talk and hear
- Visual Acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and equipment.
- Required to work and stay on-site during the work rotation and must comply with all Company and Client policies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require the use of earplugs on occasion.
- Work condition is an outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- Competitive 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
Delta Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes all applicants/employees without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.deltaconstructors.net.