Supervisor Manufacturing Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (3rd shift)|
|Location||York, PA, United States|
|Company||Harley-Davidson Motor Company|
Harley-Davidson is an American motorcycle manufacturer. It designs, assembles, and markets motorcycles and motorcycle accessories and parts. The company also offers motorcycle-related general merchandise on a wholesale basis; provides wholesale and retail financing, and insurance programs to its dealers and customers.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility in York has its final assembly plant. It performs a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing, painting, and producing a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models.
The company is looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor who will do the following works-
- Supports bargaining unit employees in rotation groups with team leaders in the manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, distribution, and/or development of motorcycles or motorcycle component parts.
- Provides resources, tools, and direction needed for the value adders to be as effective and efficient as possible.
- Balances resource complaints to ensure the delivery of products are on time and within budget. This is a 3rd shift position.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing Technology, or related field (preferred) from a university or college
- The candidates typically require a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in a unionized high-volume production or manufacturing-focused environment.
- Previous direct supervisory or similar leadership experience.
- Prior knowledge or experience advising high-performance workgroups and experience with implementation and monitoring of Statistical Process Control systems, ISO90001 processes
- Ensure standardized work and process discipline are followed
- Hold teams accountable to processes, systems, and results
- Participate in scheduling and production planning
- Perform layered audits and prevents passing defects to the next group.
- Provide feedback to team members to ensure good quality throughout the group
- Set the stage for the day (i.e. schedule changes, previous shift performance, quality issues, etc)
- Support continuous improvement and strives to achieve cost-effective results
- Work with stewards to prevent and/or resolve issues early
- Ability to jointly lead workgroups with Union leadership
- The company offers an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Harley-Davidson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.harley-davidson.com.